Salary and Benefits
Police Officer Annual Salary:$41,082.89 - $58,904.32*
Per Hour: $18.88 - $27.07
Police Corporal Annual Salary:$49,808.64- $67,368.96*
Hour: $22.89 - $30.96
Police Sergeant Annual Salary:$57,664.00- $76,965.12*
Per Hour: $26.50- $35.37
Police Lieutenant Annual Salary:$69,240.32- $89,825.28*
Per Hour: $31.82- $41.28
The rank of Corporal is awarded after five years of service with the Fayetteville Police Department, successful completion of six hours of college English, and receiving a Law Enforcement Officer's Intermediate Certificate.
* These salaries include statutory and premium holiday pay.
Our insurance products are through Blue Cross Blue Shield, Delta Dental and Standard Life. Employees choose between a Traditional PPO Medical Plan and a High Deductible Health Plan featuring a Health Savings Account with a generous employer contribution. Both plans include the following features:
- Dental Coverage
- Preventive, Restorative and Orthodontic
- Prescription Drug Card
- Wellness Benefits
- Vision Insurance (optional)
- Individual or Family Term Life Insurance (optional)
- Cancer Insurance (optional)
- Individual or Family Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage (optional)
Medical and dental coverage becomes effective the first of the month following 30 days from your date of hire. Life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment and long-term disability policies are provided by the city.
Additional Benefits and Perks
Vacation & Sick Leave
Police officers accrue 15 days of vacation for the first 19 years of service. Sick leave accrues at the rate of 12 days per year for the first year, and 20 days per year afterwards. Sick leave can be used for yourself, your spouse, or children living in your home.
- All uniforms and equipment are provided
- Compensation time
- Credit union
- Direct deposit
- Employee assistance program
- Exercise / fitness facility
- Personal holiday
- Certificate pay
- Wellness initiatives including yoga in the park, weight-loss competitions, walking and biking programs, cooking demos, CPR classes, monthly activities and a wellness fair.
The city participates in the state mandated pension plan, LOPFI, and has elected Benefit Program II. You are required to participate in the plan upon hire, and contribute 8.5% of your gross pay. It is mandatory that 1.45% of your salary is contributed to the U.S. Medicare System. Retirement benefits depend upon length of service, age at retirement, and final average pay.
After one year of service, you will also be eligible to participate in the city’s 457 or 401a retirement plans.